My Journey Thus Far
My name is Karine Plantadit, and I am a professional dancer, instructor, choreographer, and director. I am an actor, model, and entrepreneur. I am also a certified yoga teacher and life coach.
Despite the challenges and setbacks from time to time, I am truly grateful for an amazing life and career. They have provided me many incredible opportunities and experiences. Continue below as I share a few highlights of my journey thus far:
- I was born in France and raised between the south of France and Cameroon in Africa.
- As a teenager, I studied at the Rosella Hightower Dance Center in the south of France.
- After seeing the Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater perform in Paris, I was motivated to move to NYC to pursue a career in dance.
- I became a member of Judith Jamison Dance company, and later earned a scholarship to the Alvin Ailey American Dance School.
- I was eventually promoted and performed as a lead soloist in AAADT's first performance company for seven years.
- After leaving the AAADT, I began performing on Broadway and in television/film.
- On Broadway, I was an original cast member in The Lion King, Saturday Night Fever, Moving Out, Come Fly Away and After Midnight.
- On television, a few of the shows I appeared in include Sex and the City, The Affair, Smash, Mozart In The Jungle, and So You Think You Can Dance.
- Some of the films I have had roles in include Frida, Chicago, Across the Universe, Isn't It Romantic, Black Nativity and short The Way You Love.
- I won a Fred and Adele Astaire Award for outstanding female dancer, and was nominated for TONY and Drama League Awards for my role in "Come Fly Away".
- I am senior judge and instructor for the renowned Youth America Grand Prix (YAGP) dance organization.
- I am an entrepreneur. My two current endeavors are KAMOCHIMETHOD, an original discipline of yoga, and "Nail Your Auditions™, a series of seminars focused on helping artists perfect their audition and competition skills.
- I am an internationally certified yoga instructor.
- I am also regularly a guest speaker and instructor at some of the most prominent and prestigious dance schools and yoga studios around the world.
All that I have experienced, learned and accomplished has brought me to where I stand today and helped pave my path forward...